Check Engine Light in Copperfield, Texas - North Houston
If you’ve recently noticed that your check engine light keeps coming on, it may be nothing to be alarmed about; however, if you delay getting service done, it could turn into a bigger issue—a complex and costly problem. At Honest-1 Auto Care, our expert mechanics will gladly check your car’s systems to see what’s going on and how it can be fixed.
We will give your vehicle a complete diagnostic check and find out why your check engine light keeps coming on.
What Could Be Going On
There may be a simple reason why your engine light is on, or it could be a bigger issue. Some reasons why your check engine light may be on include:
- Loose gas cap (most common)
- Spark plugs or plug wires need to be replaced
- O2 sensor, which is a part of the emissions system, monitoring and helping adjust the air-fuel mixture, may be faulty (a common issue)
- Catalyic converter is not converting carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide properly and may need to be replaced
- Inspect and replace serpentine belts Mass airflow sensor (MAS), which measures air coming into the engine, needs to be replaced
Don’t drive around trying to figure out the problem. To detect the exact reason, bring your car in for a thorough vehicle diagnostics check as soon as possible. We can diagnose the problem, fix it, and get you on your way again—usually the same day.
Why Choose Honest-1
When you visit us, you will see the difference right away. We offer comfortable amenities while you wait, such as hot coffee, comfortable seating, large TV, fun playroom for children, and more. We even offer local shuttle service—FREE! Call our friendly staff at (832) 263-6845 and get an appointment for your check engine light in Copperfield, TX today.